Saturday, August 27, 2011

Cleaning out the fridge?

So...we are going out of town for the weekend next week, which means, of course, that I need to clean out all the bits of things that are left over in our fridge.

Well, I made red velvet cupcakes for our landlady last week and I have about a cup or so of cream cheese frosting left over in the fridge.  What does one do when one has cream cheese frosting to use up?  As tempted as I was to grab a spoon and plunk down on the couch (I MIGHT have a problem when it comes to cream cheese frosting?) I decided to make a small batch of cinnamon rolls for tomorrow's breakfast instead.

Here they are after the dough has risen once, been smeared with butter and the sugar/cinnamon mixture, and been rolled up and sliced into the rolls.

I meant to take pics of all the steps, but I forgot, so I didn't.  I WILL take more pics from here forward, however.


I can't wait until tomorrow morning!

<Update 10:00PM>

More photos, (well, photo) as promised...here they are after four and a half hours in the fridge, they've "poofed" quite nicely, I think.  Going to leave them in there overnight then let warm up on the counter in the morning before I bake them.


That's cornbread over there on the right...more action in the fridge clean out quest (and a pre-made extra for us to eat over the next few days).

<Update a week later, to upload the rest of the pics>

Here's what they looked like after a night in the fridge and a couple hours on the counter, all ready to go into the oven.


Fresh out of the oven and with a first coat of frosting...so yummy smelling in the house!


Don't forget to take them out of the pan while they are still warm, otherwise the melted sugar will harden and this happens when you try to take them out. =(


On a plate once they have cooled for a while and had the second "coat" of frosting, ready to eat!


Breakfast of champions, a cup of good coffee and a homemade cinnamon roll.



-S

No comments:

Post a Comment