Monday, January 18, 2016

Still Alive!

I'm still alive!  Nothing particularly blog-worthy has happened.

We did go out to the Kennedy School for a friends birthday last week. For a chain, it is one of my favorite places. Every McMenamins location is a little different and while the food is certainly not over the top, it is consistent and good. And they brew their own beers. And distill their own spirits. Some of which are quite good.

The Kennedy School has a few different bars in the building, one of which (Detention) offers a nice selection of cigars and a cozy fire and a well stocked bar to accompany your cigar. We popped in and shared a cigar after the birthday dinner and though I am not a huge cigar smoker (less than one a year, realistically) it was a lovely and relaxing way to end the day. Chatting and enjoying friends is never a bad idea.

I joined a new gym, which I suppose is noteworthy. Doing such a large amount of walking has kicked me back into a weight loss cycle and I figure there is no time like the present to take advantage and keep it going. I have actually really enjoyed being back in the gym, I had forgotten how much I like that feeling after a really good work out. And there is no equal to sweating out a bad day (or a hangover....not that that has happened to me lately....).

I did go back to Kennedy School and catch up with Spacey (center) last night, which was lovely. We drank more beers than we needed to and chatted and bullshitted and it was just lovely.  I even remembered to take a grainy cell phone selfie...now with bonus Tegan N. Scare-Ya.



Sarah will be here in a few days, expect lots of beer tasting notes and pictures next week!

Ta!

-S

No comments:

Post a Comment